We require that you remember and follow the following rules:
1. Respect other players and Wizards. There's nothing that will annoy the staff faster than disrespect. You don't have to agree, but we do ask that you act in a responsible manner in dealing with any disputes or disagreements. See 'Acceptable Use Policy'.
2. This is a “Cooperative Non-Consent game”. Emphasis on “Cooperative”. “Non-Consent” means that actions taken ICly will result in consequences, and risky actions may be unfortunate for your character. It does not mean that you may RP anything you like without regard to other player's comfort zones. (See below). We encourage players to work with each other to reach a suitable compromise that works for all involved within the scope of the situation. We do ask, though, that warning is given when an action could very well lead to severe injury or character death. At least give each other a chance to survive. Feel free to request a staff member to GM if things get too sticky. See 'News Consequences'.
3. While this game is considered mature in content, we ask that you please respect the limits of the people you're playing with. Sexual content, extreme violence, and references to mind-altering substances are examples of things that must be OK'd by all players involved before they are played out IC, and should NEVER take place in public. Respect others' boundaries. RP stops being fun when someone feels uncomfortable. See 'News AUP'
4. Twink in moderation, twink for a good story, but don't twink to make your character All-powerful. Drama, suffering, getting knocked down and having to work your way up, and the like can be just as fun to RP out. Also, avoid metaposing or metagaming. Don't pose how another character will react or fail to give them an opportunity to do so. It's always best to ask before posing something like this, or, even better, simply pose an attempt. Also, avoid giving information in a pose description that the other character would not know and cannot react to. See 'News Metapose'.
5. We ask that requests for power modifications or major changes in your character's resources be run by the wizard either via mail on game or e-mail. We need to keep track of such things. Failure to do so could result in such powers or items being taken away. We're fine with progression and changes due to IC circumstances, but we'd need to know about it and be able to put our stamp of approval on it.
6. We ask that you stick to pose order as much as possible. Confusion and excitement can get in the way of this, we realize, but try to give everyone a chance to respond without being bulldozed. Also, if someone poses out of order on accident, try to be gentle with any reminders. Accidents happen. There may be other arrangements for larger, GMed scenes, which your storyteller should work out with you.
7. Page those within a scene BEFORE entering the /room/ to ask for permission to join. Not only is this one of the collective staff's pet peeves, but it can put everyone involved in an awkward situation.